Skip to main content

Christmas 2012

We have a WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!

That may not be a big deal in many areas of the country/world - but, here in North Texas, this is a BIG deal!!! Seeing as we didn't even get a snowflake last winter, to have "stickable" snow on CHRISTMAS DAY is the epitome of a christmas miracle!! Lol! We were all so excited as the freezing rain of the morning started changing to fat, white snowflakes.... that combined with the twinkling lights of our christmas decor and enjoying being in our new home - today was God's special gift to me! (:
We had a lovely, quieter family Christmas this year - just us - and it was nice. Feel like I'm "starting" to get a bit of a foothold on new traditions and routines that I want to put in place for my family. Love the quiet evenings once the kids go to bed - been able to have a few moments (tagged together!!) for reflection and peace. I am so thankful for these times.

I feel like the over-riding theme of what God has been speaking into my heart/life has been "HOPE".
Not just the way we throw around the word lightly in everyday use - "I hope we can do this...", "I hope we can see you soon...", we lose the importance or weight of the word.
Right before the one year anniversary of Cj's death, a friend gave me a card and in the note she shared that God had been giving her this word for me - - "HOPE".
It was awesome because it just confirmed what God had been doing in my life already... I knew that the word was not as simple as we are used to, so I looked it up to see what the actual definition was.

"HOPE"

1. to cherish a desire with anticipation
2. to desire with expectation of obtainment
3. to expect with confidence

"desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfillment or success"


I love the definition of hope - it is so much more than I tend to think of when I just throw the word around... The promises that God has given me, the words He has spoken into my life - I can "expect with confidence, desire with anticipation... expect to obtain..." Wow!! God is SO good and I am looking forward to the amazing plans that He has written for me.

Jeremiah 29:11
'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'



Merry Christmas my friends and loved ones... we hope and pray that your Christmas was filled with sweet moments of fellowship and joy as we celebrated the birth of our Saviour. Merry Christmas from Texas!!

Comments

  1. My heart goes out to you and your family. I just found your blog while searching for spiritual support for widows.

    I just became a widow on the 9th of Dec. We had been married for 43 years. I miss him terribly is an understatement as you well know.

    I felt blessed reading your Christmas post. May the love, peace and strength of God continue to surround and flow through you each and every day.

    FlowerLady Lorraine

    http://www.flowerladysmusings.blogspot.com/
    http://thecontinuingjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words... I am so very sorry for your loss - my heart truly goes out to you! I pray the same for you - peace, wisdom, strength and that you will know the comfort of God's presence and love for you each day. It is not a journey we would have chosen, but there is grace for the moments. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding in Jesus

Hiding in Jesus Today was a hard day, I start thinking I am doing okay and then unexpectedly the pain comes... Had a regular check-up for the baby today, and I felt that I was going to be okay, but when I walked into the office, the reality of how much my life is changing hit me and I broke down when the pediatrician walked into the exam room. Also today, I began the process of cleaning out my bedroom, removing a lot of the things that speak so loudly of Cj's presence - as we began pulling stuff out and I saw again how my life is changing, I found myself withdrawing and that now familiar ache spreading... I asked my sister to turn on my ipod and just shuffle my songs. Two songs came on, the first one which I haven't heard for probably 5 years at least! But these two songs were exactly what I needed to hear from my Savior and I was so blessed as His love spread into my hurting heart and again became that "balm of gilead" for me at that moment... I'm going to post a

Changes... Daring to Change

Have you ever felt like, in life, you were standing at the edge of a precipice about to take a plunge? That weird sense of nauseating excitement and nerves as you wonder what awaits if you dare to take “just a step”? The gut twisting, teeth clenching anxiety as you wonder what awaits... Have you ever stood at a crossroads, turning in slow, dizzying circles as you ponder which path to choose… understanding that whichever route you choose will bring uncertain futures – many good, perhaps many difficult and you try to weigh the costs without truly knowing what price they may require? Life is such a tangle of choices… sometimes I can’t trace the threads back to the one that led me to the point where I am standing now – at a crossroads, on a precipice, peering over the edge, feeling the wind whistle past, my heart skips a beat and my breath catches in my throat as I stare at the future looming… As a girl, I handed the reigns of my life over to the One whom my soul loves… my pr

A Victorious 4th!!

"But, mom, you can't promise me that nothing bad will happen! I don't want to go!!", tears trickled down my 9yr old daughter's cheeks as she wrapped her arms tightly around herself and stared up at me desperately. We were standing in the center of the canoe/kayak office. A crowd of laughing, chatting people moved around us, heading through the open garage doors to the big, yellow bus waiting to take us to our drop off point. It was the 4th of July and we had decided to get outdoors and try our family hand at canoeing. It was another first for us, several of the kids had already mentioned the "what if" thought that always run through our minds when we gear up for what should be a fun activity -- but for us brings back memories of packing up for another fun summer day. As we packed the car that morning, drove into the beat up parking lot, lush greenery waving around us in the sunshine and warm breeze, I could hear the echoes of the day we did all of the