Skip to main content

Is it fall yet??

It's been a rainy day. Gray, cool, wet... And I LOVE it!! 
It's like a part of me, a happier part, begins to awaken as the oppressive heat of the summer starts to break and I feel like a weight start to come off my shoulders. 
I began to feel "stars of joy" as I contemplate crisp cool mornings, snuggling into jackets as the evenings turn brisk and sipping on a good cup of coffee while enjoying being outdoors again! Oh yay!! :)
Along with this fun stuff is a looming decision to be made on my part -- again!! My kids are (generally) stable and I feel they are making progress in their emotional well-beings and life paths... :::Thank you Jesus:::
As they have begun to blossom and thrive, I feel like I imploded a bit... It was odd - I realized that I had made my kids/my family units'survival my reason for carrying on these past 2 years and as I saw the fruit of my labor take root and begin to flourish... It was as if I got knocked over!! Who am I now? How have I dealt with and worked through my pain, grief, loss... Now that I've helped my precious ones get onto a "straight" path, where am I now left???
Wow! Some soul-searching questions and realities that had to be dealt with and I suddenly found myself awash in pain, tears that wouldn't quit and GRIEF.... How do I GRIEVE the loss of my husband, partner, friend, beloved, confidante, financial counselor, spiritual cohort... My FRIEND, my other half?!
Unto You I lift up my eyes, o You who dwell in the heavens. Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to The Lord our God, until He had mercy on us. Ps 123:1-2
I cried out for mercy the other day as I blew my way through Kleenex boxes and wore sunglasses as I made my way through daily activities... Thank God for truly amazing women in my life who allowed me to FEEL what was happening at that moment and to just be a "woman-who-lost-her-love", instead of the numerous other titles or hats that I wear throughout the day.
 For a brief moment, but, it allowed the mercy and grace of God to flood into the sad parts of my soul and do a little healing. 
:::hiccuping sigh:::
...so thankful for His unending, unchanging, ever present care and deep love for me... And all His children!
My moment of reflection and joy tonight was in my sweet baby boy's little lips on my nose as he gave me 5 kisses good-night then pronounced in his husky little voice, "...I tired, g-night..."

:::God is good::::


Comments

  1. You put it so perfectly. I read your words and know. The sunglasses. Soul searching grief. The process of healing. Knowing our healer. You are doing so well. Not a "happy go lucky" great, but a grounding, roots reaching for the river of God great. Thank you for sharing.

    May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring and encouraging post. It is so good to read about God's continual working in your life. Grief has a way of sneaking up on us whenever it feels like it, and we must go with the flow of it, knowing that God will and does work all things out. I'm glad you have some sweet friends who are such a comfort to you also. They are priceless.

    Love and hugs to you and your kiddos ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding in Jesus

Hiding in Jesus Today was a hard day, I start thinking I am doing okay and then unexpectedly the pain comes... Had a regular check-up for the baby today, and I felt that I was going to be okay, but when I walked into the office, the reality of how much my life is changing hit me and I broke down when the pediatrician walked into the exam room. Also today, I began the process of cleaning out my bedroom, removing a lot of the things that speak so loudly of Cj's presence - as we began pulling stuff out and I saw again how my life is changing, I found myself withdrawing and that now familiar ache spreading... I asked my sister to turn on my ipod and just shuffle my songs. Two songs came on, the first one which I haven't heard for probably 5 years at least! But these two songs were exactly what I needed to hear from my Savior and I was so blessed as His love spread into my hurting heart and again became that "balm of gilead" for me at that moment... I'm going to post a

Free falling...

As I continue on this journey, I find that it is the little things that are catching me off guard and causing the most pain... I think because I'm not prepared for them. The big things I am ready for and I am able to take a breath and kind of "shore up" my emotional safeguards in preparation. But, the little, unexpected events - like removing the empty soap dish from Cj's sink in our bathroom and realizing that I don't have to fill it again, or when his phone popped up a reminder to change the air filters monthly... these things remind me again of the reality that he is never coming back and waves of grief wash over me and the tears flow... This week has been full of this emotional roller coaster - add to that a fretful and clingy baby who is no longer sleeping at night, stress filled moments/days over Cj's transportation to Nigeria, some anxiety over situations that were out of my control but nevertheless counted as my responsibility and fault, trying to keep

Changes... Daring to Change

Have you ever felt like, in life, you were standing at the edge of a precipice about to take a plunge? That weird sense of nauseating excitement and nerves as you wonder what awaits if you dare to take “just a step”? The gut twisting, teeth clenching anxiety as you wonder what awaits... Have you ever stood at a crossroads, turning in slow, dizzying circles as you ponder which path to choose… understanding that whichever route you choose will bring uncertain futures – many good, perhaps many difficult and you try to weigh the costs without truly knowing what price they may require? Life is such a tangle of choices… sometimes I can’t trace the threads back to the one that led me to the point where I am standing now – at a crossroads, on a precipice, peering over the edge, feeling the wind whistle past, my heart skips a beat and my breath catches in my throat as I stare at the future looming… As a girl, I handed the reigns of my life over to the One whom my soul loves… my pr