Skip to main content

Change is upon us!

"...Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by... and that has made all the difference." 
Robert Frost



Change is upon us... after a year of praying and processing, and over the past few months STRUGGLING in prayer over a final decision -- I made the choice to take the "road less traveled".
I am, by the grace of God, moving my little family into uncharted waters as we are heading to Delaware. 
Over the past month, we have packed our home into boxes and bags and with the immense help of loved friends gotten the house ready to sell. Our house went on the market last Monday and we are hoping for a quick, uneventful sale and move across country.

This is the short story of what has transpired from sleepless nights, countless hours of thought and prayer, wise counsel and long hours of hard work -- We. Are. Moving!



How do I sum up, with mere words, what it means for us to leave the only community/home that my kids have ever known? To leave the relative safety and comfort of known places and people and step out... into the great unknown and uncertainty of life elsewhere? 

How do I say "thank-you" to the faithful ones who have held, nurtured, protected and loved our wounded and bleeding hearts... allowing us to find our feet again and urging us towards the light of life again?

The majority of my adult life has been spent here in North Texas and I am honestly afraid of what it means to step out and take this chance.... and yet, I am more afraid of NOT taking this chance; this opportunity, and never seeing what God can do with a life relinquished to His control. 

::This is where I am praying I stay always -- surrendered to His will and work in my life and my family's lives::

 Part of my decision to move is centered on being closer to family that lives in Delaware. The other factor is the need to refocus on my kids -- it is time to focus on my family and the kids before they are too grown to think mom is cool! ;)
For the past 4yrs, I have been focused on survival and providing - not so much on the nurturing and training role that I had before when I was just mom and didn't have to fill both parental roles. Over this past year it has become clear to me that I need to focus more on these aspects AND that I only have a short time left as the years are flying past! 

Cj and I had always planned on giving our kids a "different view of life" than what most would consider "normal"... although we both loved our community in North Texas, we knew that was the not the extent of the exposure we wished to live with our children. 
As the kids get older, I realize that my window of opportunity to live this with them is closing rapidly... I had to decide if I was serious about pursuing a new path with them.

So many things had to be considered - my work being one of them. I am a RN by training and have worked in the profession for well over a decade now, but, it is difficult to get reliable childcare for shift work and I knew I would have to make major changes if I gave this up for a time.

I have been blessed to be able to find my passion connecting with work in my home business, Thriving Essentially, which I have been pursuing over this past year and as we transition to this new life in DE, I will be able to focus more on my kids even as I continue working on this dream of entrepreneurship. 

I. Am. Thankful. For. This!!

Be praying for us!! Big, scary choices and changes in front of us, but, I am hopeful and anticipate God's blessing as we acknowledge Him in our plans and steps. Proverbs 3:5-7
As we go forward in this new chapter of our lives, I hope you will continue to keep us with us via social media, I will be transitioning to my business blog for most of my posting/updates and hope you will follow us on there. We are #choosingtothrive - join us on this journey!! :)


Here We Go!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding in Jesus

Hiding in Jesus Today was a hard day, I start thinking I am doing okay and then unexpectedly the pain comes... Had a regular check-up for the baby today, and I felt that I was going to be okay, but when I walked into the office, the reality of how much my life is changing hit me and I broke down when the pediatrician walked into the exam room. Also today, I began the process of cleaning out my bedroom, removing a lot of the things that speak so loudly of Cj's presence - as we began pulling stuff out and I saw again how my life is changing, I found myself withdrawing and that now familiar ache spreading... I asked my sister to turn on my ipod and just shuffle my songs. Two songs came on, the first one which I haven't heard for probably 5 years at least! But these two songs were exactly what I needed to hear from my Savior and I was so blessed as His love spread into my hurting heart and again became that "balm of gilead" for me at that moment... I'm going to post a

Free falling...

As I continue on this journey, I find that it is the little things that are catching me off guard and causing the most pain... I think because I'm not prepared for them. The big things I am ready for and I am able to take a breath and kind of "shore up" my emotional safeguards in preparation. But, the little, unexpected events - like removing the empty soap dish from Cj's sink in our bathroom and realizing that I don't have to fill it again, or when his phone popped up a reminder to change the air filters monthly... these things remind me again of the reality that he is never coming back and waves of grief wash over me and the tears flow... This week has been full of this emotional roller coaster - add to that a fretful and clingy baby who is no longer sleeping at night, stress filled moments/days over Cj's transportation to Nigeria, some anxiety over situations that were out of my control but nevertheless counted as my responsibility and fault, trying to keep

Changes... Daring to Change

Have you ever felt like, in life, you were standing at the edge of a precipice about to take a plunge? That weird sense of nauseating excitement and nerves as you wonder what awaits if you dare to take “just a step”? The gut twisting, teeth clenching anxiety as you wonder what awaits... Have you ever stood at a crossroads, turning in slow, dizzying circles as you ponder which path to choose… understanding that whichever route you choose will bring uncertain futures – many good, perhaps many difficult and you try to weigh the costs without truly knowing what price they may require? Life is such a tangle of choices… sometimes I can’t trace the threads back to the one that led me to the point where I am standing now – at a crossroads, on a precipice, peering over the edge, feeling the wind whistle past, my heart skips a beat and my breath catches in my throat as I stare at the future looming… As a girl, I handed the reigns of my life over to the One whom my soul loves… my pr