Skip to main content

Fighting to Live Every Moment!



I'm sitting on an airplane again.... Raindrops trickling down the windowpane as we sit on the runway. We have been delayed due to severe storms, sitting here for almost an hour.

I've made good use of the time, studying and listening to business training, but, I reached a moment of overload as idea after idea and budding hopes swirled in my head; each trying to take shape.
I closed my books and turned on my music, resting my head on the blue, pleather headrest. "Lord, I have such vision -- it's almost hard for me to believe it for myself, for my family, for my team... Yet, I know You made me with this desire for more, this passion burning in my chest to help others find their inner flame and reach their dreams - to live to the highest potential You have called us towards. But, if I'm honest, I'm scared! Like, "mouth dry-can't swallow-butterflies in my stomach" scared - all those what ifs. But, I'm learning to turn that volume off and instead speak Your Truth into my heart and life..."

::A quiet Voice resonates in my soul, "What is your alternative? If you don't step out daughter, there are so many who will not be reached, there are so many waiting for the Light to shine -- will you be a vessel of glory for Me?"::

{“...become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to His guests for their blessing.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:21‬ ‭MSG‬‬}


As I rested, eyes closed, the opening guitar strains of One Republic's song, "I Lived", began playing... 
"I hope when you take that jump, you don't fear the fall. Hope when the water rises, you built a wall... Hope if everybody runs, you choose to stay... The only way you can know is give it all you have. And I hope that you don't suffer but take the pain. Hope when the moment comes, you'll say
I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every second that this world could give. I saw so many places, the things that I did. With every broken bone, I swear I lived.
.."

I fought a sudden wave of tears as my Cj's face came to mind and his life played before me. The choices he made, the way he RAN his race of life, fighting for his goals and dreams... blowing the status quo out of the water in so many areas.
I recently told a friend, "I never had to prod or pull CJ... I was running to keep up!" His example challenged me and still does every day - I loved him for many reasons, but, his drive and determined focus were ones that stuck out to me. I respected him greatly and loved him for it. 
He never found a reason he couldn't reach for a goal; he simply did it. Despite numerous people telling him otherwise. Despite it looking impossible. His example pushes me on to fight when I want to give up, when I want to say I can't, it's too hard.

Fight the urge to be angry that I have to be both provider and nurturer and I can never get it all done.
Fight the guilt that tries to creep in when I leave my precious children for yet another trip that is based on building my business and our future.
Fight the despair and overwhelm at the weight of the burden that is single parenting.
 Fight the crushing sadness that loneliness brings at night when all is quiet or when I have to sit alone in a crowded room of couples.
Fight to get back up after being bowled over by a tsunami of grief that still takes my breath away and makes my heart shiver.
Fight to move on and try again after failing in epic ways.
Fight to BELIEVE that I can reach my goals and dreams.
Fight to learn ways to become better at what I do -no matter how little time I have available.
Fight to learn how to show others how to fulfill their dreams.
Fight to keep that "moment of decision" an everyday commitment. 

The chorus to the song soared, "...I, I did it all! I owned every second that this world could give. I saw so many places, the things that I did. With every broken bone, I swear I lived"

I blinked away the tears and smiled, "...babe, I am trying to keep up still! I'm going to LIVE this life -- take that jump, take every second that this life gives, every moment God grants me to have an impact. I'm taking it! I know you are watching, praying for us, and I hope you are proud of me and the choices I am making for our family's future. Father, thank you for giving me perspective and hope and a push forward... I'm forever grateful for the examples You have given me and the desire to keep moving upward."



Keep us in prayer, keep me in prayer -- I'm fighting to live every moment God offers to me. It's a daunting task and yet, I am grateful I get the chance - when that moment comes, I want to say I lived! #choosingtothrive 



Comments

  1. God's continued blessings on you.

    Your post inspired me this morning, thank you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding in Jesus

Hiding in Jesus Today was a hard day, I start thinking I am doing okay and then unexpectedly the pain comes... Had a regular check-up for the baby today, and I felt that I was going to be okay, but when I walked into the office, the reality of how much my life is changing hit me and I broke down when the pediatrician walked into the exam room. Also today, I began the process of cleaning out my bedroom, removing a lot of the things that speak so loudly of Cj's presence - as we began pulling stuff out and I saw again how my life is changing, I found myself withdrawing and that now familiar ache spreading... I asked my sister to turn on my ipod and just shuffle my songs. Two songs came on, the first one which I haven't heard for probably 5 years at least! But these two songs were exactly what I needed to hear from my Savior and I was so blessed as His love spread into my hurting heart and again became that "balm of gilead" for me at that moment... I'm going to post a

Free falling...

As I continue on this journey, I find that it is the little things that are catching me off guard and causing the most pain... I think because I'm not prepared for them. The big things I am ready for and I am able to take a breath and kind of "shore up" my emotional safeguards in preparation. But, the little, unexpected events - like removing the empty soap dish from Cj's sink in our bathroom and realizing that I don't have to fill it again, or when his phone popped up a reminder to change the air filters monthly... these things remind me again of the reality that he is never coming back and waves of grief wash over me and the tears flow... This week has been full of this emotional roller coaster - add to that a fretful and clingy baby who is no longer sleeping at night, stress filled moments/days over Cj's transportation to Nigeria, some anxiety over situations that were out of my control but nevertheless counted as my responsibility and fault, trying to keep

Changes... Daring to Change

Have you ever felt like, in life, you were standing at the edge of a precipice about to take a plunge? That weird sense of nauseating excitement and nerves as you wonder what awaits if you dare to take “just a step”? The gut twisting, teeth clenching anxiety as you wonder what awaits... Have you ever stood at a crossroads, turning in slow, dizzying circles as you ponder which path to choose… understanding that whichever route you choose will bring uncertain futures – many good, perhaps many difficult and you try to weigh the costs without truly knowing what price they may require? Life is such a tangle of choices… sometimes I can’t trace the threads back to the one that led me to the point where I am standing now – at a crossroads, on a precipice, peering over the edge, feeling the wind whistle past, my heart skips a beat and my breath catches in my throat as I stare at the future looming… As a girl, I handed the reigns of my life over to the One whom my soul loves… my pr