Skip to main content

No longer

"...I'm no longer a slave of fear... I am a child [a daughter] of God. 
You revel me with a melody.. You surround me with songs of deliverance... 
'til all my fears are gone... You have chosen me... Love has called my name..."


So you guys know that when I get away, especially to a place that has the beauty of nature surrounding - and when I get overwhelmed in life - I start writing. It is my soul's therapy and this particular note has been building in me for months... now, I have a moment or two to get it out! So, bear with me... a bit rusty, but, healing {for me} all the same. 

This song (No Longer Slaves) has been my soul's refrain, in the midst of this glorious mess, this temporary passing, called "life on earth". A friend posted this song yesterday and I have been almost overcome with emotion as my joy in being His child overflows. This past 12-18months have been fraught with fears - felt like my foundations were shaken, more than ever before in my life. I had some issues that I had to come to term with in my relationship with Christ. Questioned my thought process and beliefs... He walked alongside me the entire way - allowing my questions, cries and fears to tumble out in my disjointed, incoherent and hectic way. 

::No longer a slave to fear::

My struggle has been over what a disastrous mess we are and how any of it makes sense... in my perfectionist, controlling mind I am constantly berating and admonishing myself..."WHY would God love me? How can He ever use me? I am the biggest of sinners and messes" --  and as I sit in my mire, I am humbled by the perfect love of Christ as He reaches down, picks me up, brushes me off and delights in me as His beloved child... {I am in awe. There is no condemnation in His eyes}. 

::Perfect Love casts out all fear::

The night before Cj died, my brother was doing family devotions and talked on walking life with our eyes FIXED, focused on Christ's eyes, never removing them even when the waves of life want to overwhelm. I did not know how timely those words were to be... in my darkest moments, I turn to that face and look into His eyes and see (WHO I AM IN HIM)

::I am a child of God, my fears are drowned in Perfect Love::

To be fully known and yet, deeply loved and cherished all the same... this is Perfect Love. I am in no way deserving and yet {He lavishes His love upon me}. 

"I give You thanks, O Lord, with all my heart; I praise Your name for Your unfailing love and faithfulness. For Your promises are backed by all the honor of Your name. As soon as I pray, You answer me; You encourage me by giving me strength." Psalm 138:1a, 2b, 3


Everywhere I turn, I see the nightmares, the pain, the grief, the sickness... that is oftentimes of our own sin and making on this passage of life - but, not always our choice. 
I watch my son, turning his soul towards his Maker... choosing to seek His face, in the midst of, often times crushing disappointment over not having a dad in this world... my heart breaks -- and yet smiles through my tears as I see his sweet faith and pure devotion. {My God is good and He has called us out onto this deep water. He is faithful}.

::I am no longer a slave of fear, You surround me with song::

We are called to LIVE in this life, abundantly and thriving where we are placed -- called. Sometimes I am afraid of stepping out and LIVING... But, I am called to this journey... in the midst of questions, stressors, choices -- {I am in His perfect love and will for my life}. 

::He has rescued me, I've been liberated::

My prayer is that you can each know this relationship with Christ... there is nothing greater or more to be desired. 

::You have chosen me, Love has called my name::

"Praise the Lord; praise God our Savior! For each day He carries us in his arms. Our God is a God who saves! The Sovereign Lord rescues us..." Psalm 68:19, 20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding in Jesus

Hiding in Jesus Today was a hard day, I start thinking I am doing okay and then unexpectedly the pain comes... Had a regular check-up for the baby today, and I felt that I was going to be okay, but when I walked into the office, the reality of how much my life is changing hit me and I broke down when the pediatrician walked into the exam room. Also today, I began the process of cleaning out my bedroom, removing a lot of the things that speak so loudly of Cj's presence - as we began pulling stuff out and I saw again how my life is changing, I found myself withdrawing and that now familiar ache spreading... I asked my sister to turn on my ipod and just shuffle my songs. Two songs came on, the first one which I haven't heard for probably 5 years at least! But these two songs were exactly what I needed to hear from my Savior and I was so blessed as His love spread into my hurting heart and again became that "balm of gilead" for me at that moment... I'm going to post a

Free falling...

As I continue on this journey, I find that it is the little things that are catching me off guard and causing the most pain... I think because I'm not prepared for them. The big things I am ready for and I am able to take a breath and kind of "shore up" my emotional safeguards in preparation. But, the little, unexpected events - like removing the empty soap dish from Cj's sink in our bathroom and realizing that I don't have to fill it again, or when his phone popped up a reminder to change the air filters monthly... these things remind me again of the reality that he is never coming back and waves of grief wash over me and the tears flow... This week has been full of this emotional roller coaster - add to that a fretful and clingy baby who is no longer sleeping at night, stress filled moments/days over Cj's transportation to Nigeria, some anxiety over situations that were out of my control but nevertheless counted as my responsibility and fault, trying to keep

Changes... Daring to Change

Have you ever felt like, in life, you were standing at the edge of a precipice about to take a plunge? That weird sense of nauseating excitement and nerves as you wonder what awaits if you dare to take “just a step”? The gut twisting, teeth clenching anxiety as you wonder what awaits... Have you ever stood at a crossroads, turning in slow, dizzying circles as you ponder which path to choose… understanding that whichever route you choose will bring uncertain futures – many good, perhaps many difficult and you try to weigh the costs without truly knowing what price they may require? Life is such a tangle of choices… sometimes I can’t trace the threads back to the one that led me to the point where I am standing now – at a crossroads, on a precipice, peering over the edge, feeling the wind whistle past, my heart skips a beat and my breath catches in my throat as I stare at the future looming… As a girl, I handed the reigns of my life over to the One whom my soul loves… my pr