Skip to main content

Blessings...

This week has been busy, hectic, stressful in many ways, but packed with unexpected blessings!
It started off with testing for the kids for school, Andrew was crying the night before, "what if I do badly, answer everything wrong and they kick me out.. or put me back in kindergarten?!"... my slightly dramatic child!
But, as we have fallen off the learning train this summer and with all of the trauma that has occured, I have to admit I was a little worried too!
The testing went well, we met some very kind and sensitive people at the school. All the boys were happy at the end and had a "good time"...we haven't heard if they are back in kindergarten yet!! Lol (;

The middle part of the week consisted of a couple days away at a local hotel for a mental health/spiritual retreat time for me. The peace and quiet were really good for me, though William kept it from being too quiet!

I came home on Thursday to find a delightful surprise, my family and close friends had spent my time away doing their version of "extreme makeover: bedroom edition"!! My room was transformed into a serene and beautiful retreat - almost made me cry, but, I was too happy!!

The end of this week was a flurry of meetings and calls - so many things continue to be in limbo. We get things started, but, due to a lot of varying factors we have to wait on forms, paperwork from others - this simply means, I can't cross things off of our "to do" lists... a bit frustrating for me! However, through these meetings, the Lord has brought certain people into our lives who are blessing me with their grace and sensitivity as they assist me in navigating these waters of being a single mom and provider for my family.

After the emotional turmoil at the beginning of the week, the Lord has graced me with smoother waters.. the deep sadness remains, but, I'm able to rest in the peace He provides.

Here are some beautiful verses from my devotions this week:
"Do not fear, says the Lord, for I am with you..."Jer 46:28
"...with everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you, says the Lord your Redeemer...for the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has mercy on you. "O afflicted one, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay your stones with colorful gems; and lay your foundations with sapphires." Is 54: 7-8, 10-11

Prayer Needs
1. Prayer for school, starts next week, still finishing all the paperwork and geting necessary forms... pray that the kids can start on the first day with everyone else.
2. Still searching for a godly, christian counselor for kids and myself - seeing more of a serious need for this, if anyone local knows someone to recommend, I'm open to suggestions!
3. Continued healing

Thank-you for your prayers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding in Jesus

Hiding in Jesus Today was a hard day, I start thinking I am doing okay and then unexpectedly the pain comes... Had a regular check-up for the baby today, and I felt that I was going to be okay, but when I walked into the office, the reality of how much my life is changing hit me and I broke down when the pediatrician walked into the exam room. Also today, I began the process of cleaning out my bedroom, removing a lot of the things that speak so loudly of Cj's presence - as we began pulling stuff out and I saw again how my life is changing, I found myself withdrawing and that now familiar ache spreading... I asked my sister to turn on my ipod and just shuffle my songs. Two songs came on, the first one which I haven't heard for probably 5 years at least! But these two songs were exactly what I needed to hear from my Savior and I was so blessed as His love spread into my hurting heart and again became that "balm of gilead" for me at that moment... I'm going to post a

Free falling...

As I continue on this journey, I find that it is the little things that are catching me off guard and causing the most pain... I think because I'm not prepared for them. The big things I am ready for and I am able to take a breath and kind of "shore up" my emotional safeguards in preparation. But, the little, unexpected events - like removing the empty soap dish from Cj's sink in our bathroom and realizing that I don't have to fill it again, or when his phone popped up a reminder to change the air filters monthly... these things remind me again of the reality that he is never coming back and waves of grief wash over me and the tears flow... This week has been full of this emotional roller coaster - add to that a fretful and clingy baby who is no longer sleeping at night, stress filled moments/days over Cj's transportation to Nigeria, some anxiety over situations that were out of my control but nevertheless counted as my responsibility and fault, trying to keep

Changes... Daring to Change

Have you ever felt like, in life, you were standing at the edge of a precipice about to take a plunge? That weird sense of nauseating excitement and nerves as you wonder what awaits if you dare to take “just a step”? The gut twisting, teeth clenching anxiety as you wonder what awaits... Have you ever stood at a crossroads, turning in slow, dizzying circles as you ponder which path to choose… understanding that whichever route you choose will bring uncertain futures – many good, perhaps many difficult and you try to weigh the costs without truly knowing what price they may require? Life is such a tangle of choices… sometimes I can’t trace the threads back to the one that led me to the point where I am standing now – at a crossroads, on a precipice, peering over the edge, feeling the wind whistle past, my heart skips a beat and my breath catches in my throat as I stare at the future looming… As a girl, I handed the reigns of my life over to the One whom my soul loves… my pr