Skip to main content

Bringing the rain...

The other day, as I was driving, the following song came on and the words struck me deeply!
Throughout this journey, I've never strongly felt the need to ask, "Why". Why did God allow this to happen? Why has He chosen for my children and I to go through this pain and this journey?
God has allowed other circumstances in my life (which I now consider blessings in disguise) where I have learned, "Why not me?". I know that sounds rather harsh, but, what makes me so special that pain should not touch me?
Please, do not get me wrong, I do not desire to go through trials or pain!! I shudder to think of more pain coming, desperately pray no more comes. The other day, Justin said with a profound sadness in his voice that no 7yr old little boy should have, "when I'm at school, my eyes keep filling with tears, I have to keep wiping them -- I want Dad...I just want Dad!", these moments pierce my mother's heart like a knife and I weep for the pain that my children go through... that we are all going through.
But, I feel like the Lord is gently asking of me, as He holds me and wipes my tears, "will you allow Me to do a far greater work in you than you could have ever hoped or dreamed? Will you let Me do, in you, the miracle you had been asking for, creating in you what I always intended for you to be -- even when it has to come through pain?"
I believe, because I have seen it firsthand, that joy does come in the morning and the Lord can and will do exceedingly, abundantly above all that I could ask or hope. This trust I have implicitly...and I thank God for it, even through my tears - - I can praise Him in this storm and truly say, "Jesus, bring the rain"...


Bring The Rain ~ Mercy Me

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty


This is the nutshell of what I feel when I have my focus where it needs to be. I was created to worship God and to bring Him glory, I pray, with my life - however that may be and according to His perfect will. If our suffering can bring God glory, can turn even one heart to Him - - then it will all be worth it! I know that we will see CJ again, that he is alive and well - learning the ropes in Heaven! I'm almost jealous, wish I was there with him, praising God and getting to spend time with Jesus - - face to face!! But, I know that God is not yet finished with us here on this earth.

II Corinthians 4: 17-18
For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding in Jesus

Hiding in Jesus Today was a hard day, I start thinking I am doing okay and then unexpectedly the pain comes... Had a regular check-up for the baby today, and I felt that I was going to be okay, but when I walked into the office, the reality of how much my life is changing hit me and I broke down when the pediatrician walked into the exam room. Also today, I began the process of cleaning out my bedroom, removing a lot of the things that speak so loudly of Cj's presence - as we began pulling stuff out and I saw again how my life is changing, I found myself withdrawing and that now familiar ache spreading... I asked my sister to turn on my ipod and just shuffle my songs. Two songs came on, the first one which I haven't heard for probably 5 years at least! But these two songs were exactly what I needed to hear from my Savior and I was so blessed as His love spread into my hurting heart and again became that "balm of gilead" for me at that moment... I'm going to post a

Changes... Daring to Change

Have you ever felt like, in life, you were standing at the edge of a precipice about to take a plunge? That weird sense of nauseating excitement and nerves as you wonder what awaits if you dare to take “just a step”? The gut twisting, teeth clenching anxiety as you wonder what awaits... Have you ever stood at a crossroads, turning in slow, dizzying circles as you ponder which path to choose… understanding that whichever route you choose will bring uncertain futures – many good, perhaps many difficult and you try to weigh the costs without truly knowing what price they may require? Life is such a tangle of choices… sometimes I can’t trace the threads back to the one that led me to the point where I am standing now – at a crossroads, on a precipice, peering over the edge, feeling the wind whistle past, my heart skips a beat and my breath catches in my throat as I stare at the future looming… As a girl, I handed the reigns of my life over to the One whom my soul loves… my pr

Free falling...

As I continue on this journey, I find that it is the little things that are catching me off guard and causing the most pain... I think because I'm not prepared for them. The big things I am ready for and I am able to take a breath and kind of "shore up" my emotional safeguards in preparation. But, the little, unexpected events - like removing the empty soap dish from Cj's sink in our bathroom and realizing that I don't have to fill it again, or when his phone popped up a reminder to change the air filters monthly... these things remind me again of the reality that he is never coming back and waves of grief wash over me and the tears flow... This week has been full of this emotional roller coaster - add to that a fretful and clingy baby who is no longer sleeping at night, stress filled moments/days over Cj's transportation to Nigeria, some anxiety over situations that were out of my control but nevertheless counted as my responsibility and fault, trying to keep