Skip to main content

Those rainy days...

What do cars repeatedly breaking down, new car getting backed into, crazy hectic schedules, a sick baby (sleepless nights), never ending calls, forms, overdue requests and a broken hot water heater have in common??!!
My life for the past 2 weeks!!! Lol, seriously, I am so thankful that I do not believe in "bad luck", because if I did... I think I'd be just about done with life by now!!

This time is a constant study in turning it back over to God and laying my burdens down at His feet. "...cast all your cares upon Him..." has a whole new meaning for me at this point!
Monday morning, I had a "straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back" moment... and it was only 8am!!! As I was dropping the kids off at school, I realized, as other 4th graders hopped out of their cars, that Christian had the WRONG outfit on (picture day!!) and I now had to drive all the way home and back again - yet another hour of driving on top of my already full day.
Such a little thing, but -- I cried the whole way home.
Angry, frustrated tears because, "...why am I not able to stay on top of things?? I am so overwhelmed with EVERYthing and I can't even keep the little things in line...I had the WHOLE weekend to make certain things were ready for the school week... and I thought that I had checked things off, but, here it is -- first thing Monday morning and already I'm incompetent..."

When I got back to the school with his shirt, Christian was visibly upset and when I asked him what was wrong, he replied, "nothing...can I go home now?"

"Why, what is wrong, honey...did something happen, can I pray with you... what is wrong", I asked.

He half laughed/half shrugged and I could see him fighting tears, "...no, nothing happened... it is just... you know what... can I just go home?"

I hugged him hard, prayed for him quickly and made it out the door before breaking down and crying the whole way to my car... I know it seems, from my blogging, that all I do is cry... but, I am really NOT a crier, I used to joke with friends how I wished I COULD cry as it would help relieve stress sometimes. Well, I got my wish because it nows seems that I cry at the drop of a hat!! Be careful what you wish for...
My kids are struggling so much with the loss of their dad. My boys especially and it is so hard for me as a parent, I can't say anything to make this better or bring back their daddy! I just keep reassuring them of God's love for each of them and my love.
As we were driving home from school the other day, Andrew told me how he had met with the counselor because he was sad and didn't go out for recess one day and how "she had legos and other things in her office to play with to make you not feel sad....but, it doesn't really work to make you feel better."
Justin exclaimed, "this is just the hardest thing I've ever had to go through... I don't like the way this feels!"

Christian told his uncle, "...I am happy for dad and know he is in a better place... I just keep wondering why God had to take MY dad..."


Please pray for these precious kiddos - - God has a plan... a good plan, for each of them and I know He loves them far more than I could ever love them and that He feels their pain and hurts for them! I am praying that God speaks to each of them, even at their young ages. That His love and peace surround them and that their relationship with Him will thrive and grow. That He will bring healing to their wounded hearts and joy and hope back into their lives. Please pray with me on this.

"The Lord is for me." Psalm 118:7
"May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble; may the name of the God of Jacob defend you; may He send you help from the sanctuary, and strengthen you...May the Lord fulfill all your petitions...They have bowed down and fallen; but we have risen and stand upright." Psalm 20:1-2, 5, 8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding in Jesus

Hiding in Jesus Today was a hard day, I start thinking I am doing okay and then unexpectedly the pain comes... Had a regular check-up for the baby today, and I felt that I was going to be okay, but when I walked into the office, the reality of how much my life is changing hit me and I broke down when the pediatrician walked into the exam room. Also today, I began the process of cleaning out my bedroom, removing a lot of the things that speak so loudly of Cj's presence - as we began pulling stuff out and I saw again how my life is changing, I found myself withdrawing and that now familiar ache spreading... I asked my sister to turn on my ipod and just shuffle my songs. Two songs came on, the first one which I haven't heard for probably 5 years at least! But these two songs were exactly what I needed to hear from my Savior and I was so blessed as His love spread into my hurting heart and again became that "balm of gilead" for me at that moment... I'm going to post a

Free falling...

As I continue on this journey, I find that it is the little things that are catching me off guard and causing the most pain... I think because I'm not prepared for them. The big things I am ready for and I am able to take a breath and kind of "shore up" my emotional safeguards in preparation. But, the little, unexpected events - like removing the empty soap dish from Cj's sink in our bathroom and realizing that I don't have to fill it again, or when his phone popped up a reminder to change the air filters monthly... these things remind me again of the reality that he is never coming back and waves of grief wash over me and the tears flow... This week has been full of this emotional roller coaster - add to that a fretful and clingy baby who is no longer sleeping at night, stress filled moments/days over Cj's transportation to Nigeria, some anxiety over situations that were out of my control but nevertheless counted as my responsibility and fault, trying to keep

Changes... Daring to Change

Have you ever felt like, in life, you were standing at the edge of a precipice about to take a plunge? That weird sense of nauseating excitement and nerves as you wonder what awaits if you dare to take “just a step”? The gut twisting, teeth clenching anxiety as you wonder what awaits... Have you ever stood at a crossroads, turning in slow, dizzying circles as you ponder which path to choose… understanding that whichever route you choose will bring uncertain futures – many good, perhaps many difficult and you try to weigh the costs without truly knowing what price they may require? Life is such a tangle of choices… sometimes I can’t trace the threads back to the one that led me to the point where I am standing now – at a crossroads, on a precipice, peering over the edge, feeling the wind whistle past, my heart skips a beat and my breath catches in my throat as I stare at the future looming… As a girl, I handed the reigns of my life over to the One whom my soul loves… my pr