Skip to main content

Dick "CJ" Chijioke's Obituary

Here is a link to the Obituary on the AFFO website:

http://www.affoplano.com/?q=obituary/dick-cj-chijioke



It is posted in it's entirety below:




















C.J. was born on February 2, 1977 in Umuahia, Abia State, Nigeria to parents Emmanuel Dick Esokawu and Miriam Dick Esokawu Nee Ekenna. He passed away suddenly on July 11, 2011.

As a child, he spent time playing football (soccer), working with his mom in her shop, and spending time with his 8 siblings and many friends. He was a mischievous boy who was known for playing pranks and telling stories with a great deal of flourish. His family divided their time between the village and the town but it was the village that held a special place in his heart. He was a smart and dedicated student and was always at the top of his class. Even as a young boy, he had many plans and hopes for himself. He dreamed of coming to America and his parents worked hard to help him achieve that goal.

He began his undergrad career in Nigeria and then came to Lynchburg, Virginia to continue his schooling at Liberty University where he earned a degree in Business and Information Management. During his junior year, he met freshman Hannah Robertson and after just 3 months of dating he asked her if they could spend the rest of their lives together. They were married on June 3, 2000 in Milledgeville, IL. After Hannah graduated they moved for a short time to Chicago, IL and then in 2003 they moved to Plano, TX.

Chijioke was a family man who loved his wife and 5 children very much. He enjoyed talking, laughing, and joking. Friends and family were very important to him and brought him much joy. He loved watching movies with Hannah, playing video games with his kids, paint balling with Christian, dancing and eating fufu with Cadence, holding William, and had just recently discovered a love for outdoor activities such as white-water rafting and camping with the family. He was a competitive sportsman who liked watching and playing soccer with friends. He also had a lot of fun with tennis.

Cj was a hard worker and did everything in his power to provide for his family here in America and in Nigeria as well. He had just recently completed a master’s degree in finance, putting in many long hours of study early in the morning and late at night to graduate early and earn his CPA license a few short months later. He worked in Dallas, for Neuberger Berman/ Capital Analytics since 2006 where he was well liked by his co-workers and supervisors. He was detail oriented and actually enjoyed working with numbers and finance.

Chijioke knew that God was sovereign in his life. A poster that he had on his wall when Hannah first met him stated, “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God,” (Corrie Ten Boom). As a teen, he had been a leader in his children’s group at church and loved singing in the choir. He had a time of drifting from God but re-dedicated his life to the Lord shortly before coming to the U.S. He chose a name for himself, which he had engraved on his wedding ring – Nwachinemere – meaning “The son whom God provides for”. He trusted God to direct his steps. One of Cj’s favorite scriptures was Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Knowing that his children were educated well academically and spiritually was one of his top priorities. He had recently found a church home at Prestonwood Baptist Church and was excited about getting involved in his Bible Fellowship group.

He is survived by his parents, wife Hannah, children Christian Chimezie Chijioke, Andrew Chinemerem Chijioke, Justin Chidike Chijioke, Cadence Ngozi Chijioke, and William Chiemeka Chijioke, sibings Nkechinyere Christiania Eze Nwaeze Nee Dick, Kelechi Christopher Dick, Amarachi Nwokeke Nee Dick, Onyedikachukwu Prince Dick, Esther Chinenyenwa Eke Nee Dick, Oluchi Felicia Achilonu Nee Dick, Chinomso Eunice Dick, Chioma Lois Dick. Hannah's parents Marc Andre Robertson & Darla Jean Robertson, Hannah's siblings Libby Robertson, Elijah Robertson, Martha Harding, Micha Robertson, Luke Robertson, Joanna Robertson, Sarah Robertson, Josiah Robertson, Daniel Walker Robertson, Joshua Walker Robertson and Ezra Walker Robertson.

A visitation will be held at Allen Family Funeral Options on Wednesday evening July 20, 2011 from 6:00 - 8:00 PM. C.J.'s funeral service will be held on Thursday July 21, 2011 at 3:00 PM at Prestonwood Baptist Church, 6801 West Park Boulevard, Plano TX. 75093.

In lieu of flowers, if desired, donations may be made to the Dick Chijioke Memorial Fund by making a deposit at any Plains Capital Bank branch. Mailing a check to Plains Capital Bank, Dick Chijioke Memorial Fund, 2323 Victory Avenue, Suite 100, Dallas, Texas 75219. Or by credit card via paypal on the memorial site: www.chijiokememorial.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding in Jesus

Hiding in Jesus Today was a hard day, I start thinking I am doing okay and then unexpectedly the pain comes... Had a regular check-up for the baby today, and I felt that I was going to be okay, but when I walked into the office, the reality of how much my life is changing hit me and I broke down when the pediatrician walked into the exam room. Also today, I began the process of cleaning out my bedroom, removing a lot of the things that speak so loudly of Cj's presence - as we began pulling stuff out and I saw again how my life is changing, I found myself withdrawing and that now familiar ache spreading... I asked my sister to turn on my ipod and just shuffle my songs. Two songs came on, the first one which I haven't heard for probably 5 years at least! But these two songs were exactly what I needed to hear from my Savior and I was so blessed as His love spread into my hurting heart and again became that "balm of gilead" for me at that moment... I'm going to post a

Free falling...

As I continue on this journey, I find that it is the little things that are catching me off guard and causing the most pain... I think because I'm not prepared for them. The big things I am ready for and I am able to take a breath and kind of "shore up" my emotional safeguards in preparation. But, the little, unexpected events - like removing the empty soap dish from Cj's sink in our bathroom and realizing that I don't have to fill it again, or when his phone popped up a reminder to change the air filters monthly... these things remind me again of the reality that he is never coming back and waves of grief wash over me and the tears flow... This week has been full of this emotional roller coaster - add to that a fretful and clingy baby who is no longer sleeping at night, stress filled moments/days over Cj's transportation to Nigeria, some anxiety over situations that were out of my control but nevertheless counted as my responsibility and fault, trying to keep

Changes... Daring to Change

Have you ever felt like, in life, you were standing at the edge of a precipice about to take a plunge? That weird sense of nauseating excitement and nerves as you wonder what awaits if you dare to take “just a step”? The gut twisting, teeth clenching anxiety as you wonder what awaits... Have you ever stood at a crossroads, turning in slow, dizzying circles as you ponder which path to choose… understanding that whichever route you choose will bring uncertain futures – many good, perhaps many difficult and you try to weigh the costs without truly knowing what price they may require? Life is such a tangle of choices… sometimes I can’t trace the threads back to the one that led me to the point where I am standing now – at a crossroads, on a precipice, peering over the edge, feeling the wind whistle past, my heart skips a beat and my breath catches in my throat as I stare at the future looming… As a girl, I handed the reigns of my life over to the One whom my soul loves… my pr